Sunday 13 January 2013

Quick Bites #6 : Matcha and Red Bean @ ZenQ

Hooray for the first dessert post ! I bet most of us Kuchingnites have been to ZenQ which is a moniker for the texture of the jellies and gelatinous treats in being very "springy and chewy". 


Typical dessert at ZenQ .

My friend decided to get the grass jelly (awesome taste by the way), sweet potato , taro and pearl jellies. I know how to make these and i find them overrated but i shall leave that to another recipe post in the upcoming future. I'll definitely come back for the grass jelly :) 

However , the highlight i wanna bring today is Matcha and red bean shaved ice. I'm a fan of green tea desserts and it's really hard to find good drinks or desserts in Kuching with matcha in them . I still dream of the shake i drank randomly at a Japanese shop which has underlying flavours of nuts, sesame, red bean intermingled with the essence of tea. ZenQ's version cannot compare to the elites but i give them a fare score of 7/10 . I like that it isn't sweet and allow the red bean to shine through. I would love to have whole adzuki red beans which is glossy from the long stew and hints of sesame seeds through the shaved ice.

Overall, it is a great place to cool down on a hot day and i would encourage all Kuchingnites to visit this place at least once .

Price Range : Rm 4-10 depending on your flavours and customization

Ground Floor, Lot 4, 

Premier 101 Commercial Centre,
Kuching, Malaysia, 93350

No comments:

Post a Comment